Photo images have become invisible on compact flash card

  • orbi35
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 10:40 AM
      I used a compact flash card with picture images on it, to transfer a
      large file between computers, using a SanDisk card reader.
      For some reason the process froze up. I did a forced restart and a
      subsequently rebuilt the desktop. I inadvertantly allow the desktop
      of the compact flash card to be rebuilt too. Now the card insists that
      there are no images. However when I stick the card in the camera
      (Minolta S404) the pictures are still there. I suppose I am dealing
      with "Raw Image files"? How can I get them reconstitutet and
      extracted to Photshop?
      Dieter
    • ric
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 8:23 AM
        The bought a sandisk SDDR-91 which froze my machine (osx 10.3) always.
        After calling Sandisk, they are replacing my unit. They said that there
        must be a problem with power.
        The symptoms were that after I would plug it in, when I went to access
        the files, finder would totally hang. The first couple times (I kept
        hoping I could get it to work), I re-booted. But I found that is I
        remove the unit, I would get a dialog telling not to do this, but the
        finder would cane back without rebooting.

        I don't know if you have the same equipment as I, but I hope this helps.
        ric

        On Mar 2, 2004, at 5:00 AM, svmug@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Subject: Photo images have become invisible on compact flash card
        +===========================================================+
        Ric Smith Voice:408-779-0332
        Cell:408-529-9862 Fax:208-460-9980
        Morgan Hill, Ca <mailto:ric@...>
      • Dietrich W. Fellenz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 9:18 AM
          Ric,
          Thanks for responding. I didn't have the problems you had. My SanDisl
          reader works fine. (G-3/OS 8.6).
          Thanks again,
          Dieter