Calculator/Mathematics Applications for Mac OS X

  • Cortland Haws
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      Does anyone have any good suggestions for Calculators or other
      Mathematics Applications for Mac OS X? I am particularly interested in
      software similar to the feature set of Graphing Calculator found in the
      default installation of Mac OS 9.

      Any suggestions would be most appreciative.

      Cortland "PixelCort" Haws - Mr. Cortland Christopher Klein
      xmpp:pixelcort@... aim:goim?screenname=pixelcort
      http://themacmind.com/ mailto:chaws@...
      http://pixelcort.com/ mailto:pixelcort@...
      Ask me about Jabber!
    • Wilbur Mandac
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
        Cortland, you can check out (if you're still in college) and get a
        really good deal at one of these two sites:

        www.journeyed.com
        www.academicsuperstore.com

        Wil Mandac
        Sunnyvale, CA.

        On Feb 1, 2004, at 2:26 AM, Cortland Haws wrote:

        > Does anyone have any good suggestions for Calculators or other
        > Mathematics Applications for Mac OS X? I am particularly interested in
        > software similar to the feature set of Graphing Calculator found in the
        > default installation of Mac OS 9.
        >
        > Any suggestions would be most appreciative.
        >
        > Cortland "PixelCort" Haws - Mr. Cortland Christopher Klein
        > xmpp:pixelcort@... aim:goim?screenname=pixelcort
        > http://themacmind.com/mailto:chaws@...
        > http://pixelcort.com/mailto:pixelcort@...
        > Ask me about Jabber!
        >

        > This has been a mailing from the SVMUG discussion group.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

      • Phil Aaronson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
          Hi All,

          My personal favorite is Mathematica. Hands down killer app. All the
          mathematical symbols have nice keyboard shortcuts so you can type in a
          complex expression very very quickly. That's aside from all the
          graphing, symbolic algebra and everything else. Very reasonable for
          teachers and students ($150). Much more expensive for everyone else.

          http://www.wolfram.com/

          Hope this helps,
          Phil

          On Feb 1, 2004, at 2:26 AM, Cortland Haws wrote:

          > Does anyone have any good suggestions for Calculators or other
          > Mathematics Applications for Mac OS X? I am particularly interested in
          > software similar to the feature set of Graphing Calculator found in the
          > default installation of Mac OS 9.
          >
          > Any suggestions would be most appreciative.
          >
          > Cortland "PixelCort" Haws - Mr. Cortland Christopher Klein
          > xmpp:pixelcort@... aim:goim?screenname=pixelcort
          > http://themacmind.com/ mailto:chaws@...
          > http://pixelcort.com/ mailto:pixelcort@...
          > Ask me about Jabber!
          >

          > This has been a mailing from the SVMUG discussion group.
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jack Gratteau
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
            Absolutely the best calculator for any serious work - HP48 emulator
            http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/x48.html
            Yes - it works just like the real thing, and I use both.
            And it is freeware.

            See also
            http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/pc/emulators/

            Have fun,