Re: [svmug] PSA: Windows 8 Pro for Cheap Ends Today

  • Jose Francisco Medeiros
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi Chris,

      People should save their money, and send a message to Microsoft that
      you do not like some one shoving a new OS down your throat that has a
      UI designed for a tablet with a touch screen. Believe I respect Steve
      Balmer, he is brillant business man, and a Harvard graduate, but I
      feel he has lost touch with his IT support base, and is listening to
      the wrong people in the IT field. Reminds me of the fable, " The king
      who has no clothes".

      There is a script that you can run that will allow you to have the
      Windows 7 look and feel every time you login, but I am sure Microsoft
      will have a built in option with the release of service pack one.
      http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/make-windows-8-boot-straight-to-the-desktop/6976

      The other option is to take a computer course at a community college,
      who is a member of the MSDN academic alliance ( Foothill, DeAnza,
      Diablo Valley Colege, Etc). You'll get windows 8 for free for personal
      use as a student, and it does not expire.

      http://tinyurl.com/av6b2zt

      Have a nice day!

      Jose F. Medeiros
      408-256-0649