Local MUG activities, etc.

  • Scott Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2003
      On reading my post-vacation email & scanning the net a bit I observe
      the following near-term Mac User Group activity possibilities:

      A32 meets in (at the near edge of) San Jose on Weds, 9 July to hear
      about Apple's new iChat DV software PLUS its new iSight camera that
      puts the V in "DV". Check
      http://www.a32.org
      for more info.

      ebMug meets at the main Berkeley public library on Thurs, 10 July to
      hear about iMovie. Info at
      http://www.ebmug.org
      This is the 3rd of their series of iLife presentations.

      SMUG meets at Stanfords Linear Accelerator facility (Panofsky
      Auditorium) on Monday, the 14th. This is a week later than "normal"
      if you keep track of such things. The club's website at
      http://www.pa-smug.org
      provides maps but no meeting info. And, unfortunately, I'm not sure
      what this month's meeting topic/presenter is to be.

      SVMUG meets Monday, 21 July at Apple, Cupertino -- to hear a rep from
      the Valley Fair Apple Store tell about the store, Apple's new
      products, etc. More info about this later. The website at
      http://www.svmug.org
      provides maps and other info. In actuality, this is a Yahoo mail
      list site (with open archives) -- and the official meeting
      announcement will show up there eventually.

      One week later, on the 28th, I'd expect there to be a meeting of
      BMUGWest at the Exploratorium in SF. Check
      http://www.bmugwest.com
      as that day approaches. These guys always meet on "the last Monday"
      of the month.

      Most of these meetings take place at 7pm or so. However, you'd be
      advised to check the websites for better info. I know that the
      Berkeley meeting is constrained by meeting in a place that "closes
      early". Accordingly, their meetings begin at 6pm.

      For fans of "Apple store openings", I note that there's to be a new
      store opening in Walnut Creek Saturday AM on July 12th. Details at
      http://www.apple.com/retail/walnutcreek/
      Hard core store junkies might like to attend another opening a day
      earlier in Santa Monica. I'm pretty sure that you could find details
      starting at .../retail. I'm going to try to attend one or the other
      opening -- watch my tee shirt to see if I made it ;<}

      While on the subject of stores, fellow SMUG member Norm Persing tells
      me that we're on track to having a new store in Burlingame also!!
      Apparently, it's being staffed now -- so this would imply an imminent
      opening.

      More than this, I don't currently know ;<}

      Cheers, Scott

      --
      Scott T. Spencer aka stspencer@...
      SMUG Membership Assistant