Parallels Desktop 7 updated, allows Lion installs

  • Len
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
      http://www.macnn.com/articles/11/11/01/supports.ubuntu.1110.linux.migrations/

      In theory, this looks like a good solution to upgrading to Lion, while still retaining the ability to run Snow Leopard for Rosetta support.

      However, it doesn't look realistic for me, due to RAM and hard disk size limitations and a slower older Mac. My Fall 2006 MacBook Pro only supports a maximum 3 GB RAM, due to use of a particular Intel support chip, although it will physically accept 4 GB.

      Unless I had a lot more RAM and a lot more hard disk space, I don't think this would be feasible for me. So, for now, I'll stick with Parallels Desktop 6 and Snow Leopard.

      If anyone has a good solution for me to continue to run Snow Leopard for Rosetta, while still being able to upgrade to Lion, I'd be interested. I bought Lion shortly after it was introduced, but the installer is still sitting in my Applications folder!

      The only solution I can think of is a dual boot solution.

      Thanks,

      Len Walther, CDPE Advanced, e-PRO, GRI
      Certified Distressed Property Expert, Advanced
      http://www.LenCanHelp.com/
      Broker, DRE#00460258

      RE/MAX Real Estate Services
      19200 Stevens Creek Blvd, Ste 210
      Cupertino, CA 95014

      Director, California Association of REALTORS®
      President's Choice Award, 2002, Santa Clara County Association of REALTORS®

      408-252-9800 Ext 2537 Phone
      408-252-9819 Fax
    • Robert Graybeal

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
          Thanks, Robert!

          Yes, from an End User perspective, it's unfortunate that Apple won't permit this under their license.

          That sound like pretty good speed, and as I understand you, you mean running Lion under Parallels.

          Thanks,
          Len

          From: Robert Graybeal <rgraybea@...>
          Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 21:14:20 -0700