Asking for scanner advice

  • Carol Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
      I need to buy a new scanner.  I would like to find one that can scan slides.  Is there such a thing as a scanner that can do a good job scanning slides?

      Carol

      Carol Baker

    • Edward Barber
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
        I also need a new scanner  -  My most important requirement is the need for Optical Character Recognition (OCR)

        Ed Barber (Rondavoo@...)

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
          http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/scanrex.htm

          This should answer the slide scanning problem.

          For OCR, just about any recent document scanner (at least 600 dpi) will do. I use Acrobat Pro to OCR my documents. There are other programs you can get, some for free, some better than others, that will OCR a scanned file and generate an editable file. Why 600 dpi? Because in my work flow, anything lower resolution tends to throw more errors than I like. Beyond some point (program dependent, and how careful you are in scanning) higher dpi does not mean better OCR.

          Albert

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
            Thank you.

            Ed