Re: [svmug] Legendary 1997 video of The Steve & Bill Gates

  • Charles Gousha
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2011
      The 150,000 shares were convertible by Microsoft after August 5, 2000 into shares of the company's common stock at a conversion price of $8.25 per share. During 2000, 74,250 shares of preferred stock were converted to 9 million shares and in 2001 the remaining 75,750 preferred shares were converted into 9.2 million of Apple's common stock. All 18.2 million shares were sold by Microsoft in 2003.

      http://justinhartman.com/2007/11/23/microsofts-equity-in-apple/

      Around 2005 Microsoft bought around 4500 shares of Apple stock (about 0.0046% of Apple) through a Private Capital Management fund as a token of supporting competition. I believe they still own this.

      On Apr 30, 2011, at 10:49 PM, Jose F. Medeiros wrote:
      > Time flies.. I remember that article, I had a new Umax C500 Supermac with 7.6 then.. I also remember the fact that Bill Gates bought 150 Million in Apple Stock.
      >
      > I am sure that it was a worth while investment for Mr. Gates, unless I am mistaken wasn't the stock price at about 5.00 then? 30,000,000 Million Shares x 320.00=9,600,000,000
      >
      > Jose :-)

      Charles Gousha coordinator - Silicon Valley Mac User Group
      http://www.svmug.org
      User group meetings 7pm, third Monday of each month