Next SMUG & SVMUG meetings (7/12 & 7/19)

  • Scott T Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2010
    Next SMUG & SVMUG meetings (7/12 & 7/19)
    The first info below came from http://pa-smug.org -- in response to a member's phone call -- who hadn't realized that our July meeting slipped one week due to a holiday conflict at SLAC.  More into at the website, including maps, locations, etc:
    July 12, 2010 From Ocarina to Glee with Smule
    Turner Kirk from Smule will be here to show off their amazing musical apps for iPhone and iPad. Sing yourself silly with Glee, thrill to the Magic Piano!
    Apart from the date, other meeting info is typical -- when, where, etc.

    And a week later - on July 19, according to info at their June 21 meeting, SVMUG should be welcoming well-known author Ted Landau to speak.  I'm assuming that this meeting will be at Google once again -- altho I can't confirm all of this via their primary website.  However, I have run into an interesting podcast by Landau at
      http://tinyurl.com/2ahqc36
    called "Living the iPhone 4 Life"  which might offer some insights into that product for those discussing it recently on SVMUG's mail list.

    I can't currently find meeting info at their primary website; but, I've attached a pointer to their June announcement -- which I fished out of the archives at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svmug
    Hopefully, the July meeting will meet at the same place.

    So, "hopefully" yours, Scott

    --

    Scott T. Spencer   aka smug_info@...
    SMUG Membership Assistant / Treasurer