Re: [svmug] HELP

  • Jose Medeiros
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
      Nancy,

      Sorry to reply so late. I am also like your brother and just don't
      have the patient to deal with novice users after 15 years of
      information technology experience. May I recommend that she take
      advantage of the free training at the Apple stores?

      I would also suggest that she look at a senior center, such as Senior
      net http://www.seniornet.org/ but unfortunately they normally use PC's
      for there training, but they offer entry level class's for cheap.

      Jose :-)

      On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM, JO-ANN FAIRBANKS <jafairbanks@...> wrote:
      > Nancy, did you find someone to help?
      > - - - -
      > On May 21, 2010, at 5:44 AM, H NANCY wrote:
      >
      > HELP find someone to teach my sister in law how to use her MAC. She is in
      > San Jose and I am in Chicago.
      > My brother is not patient and doesn't seem to want to help. It would be a
      > tremendous help to her. No one should be without computer skills!
      > Any connections are appreciated.
      > Thank you,
      > NANCY:)
      > hndd@...

    • kevin mathieu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
        I suggest she look into the one to one plan or the classes / workshop  held at the local Apple store.

        http://www.apple.com/retail/workshops/
        http://www.apple.com/retail/onetoone/

        here is a link to the San Jose Oakridge store:
        http://concierge.apple.com/workshops/R105?store=R105

        Some computer literacy is required to sign up for the classes online. Worse case,  I  imagine you could sign her up and let her know by phone the time and location.
        -kevin

        On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:44 AM, H NANCY <hndd@...> wrote:

        HELP find someone to teach my sister in law how to use her MAC. She is in San Jose and I am in Chicago.
        My brother is not patient and doesn't seem to want to help. It would be a tremendous help to her. No one should be without computer skills!
        Any connections are appreciated.
        Thank you,
        NANCY:)

      • H NANCY
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2010
          Jose,
          thanks for responding.
          I have someone who has offered to teach my sister in  law. so they are getting in touch.

          NANCY:)
          hndd@...