Targus

  • Michael Ellard
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      I've had a Targus laptop case since about 1998. It was a great case,
      and still in good condition. It was designed to be reconfigurable, so I
      was actually able to adjust it to fit my new, laptop (a wider machine,
      but much shorter top to bottom when it's closed).

      Alas, after twelve years, a couple of parts were starting to degrade,
      although the case was still usable and served me well on a recent trip
      to the East Coast. At MacWorld Expo, I mentioned my case to the Targus
      rep, and asked her if Targus could repair the case for me. Her response
      was that if I returned the case to Targus, they would replace it for free!

      After exchanging some messages with their tech support folks, I sent my
      case back to Targus, and they did indeed replace it for free! After
      twelve years, they didn't have my original model anymore, so they
      allowed me to pick any case from their website with a value up to $199.
      I picked a nice case that is very similar to what I'd had previously,
      and it arrived yesterday. The only thing I had to pay with the cost of
      shipping the original case back to Targus.

      My only complaint about the process was that it took a while for them to
      evaluate my original case and send my new case to me. It was a week
      after I'd sent my original case in before I heard from them approving
      the replacement and asking me to pick a new model. After I picked my
      new model, It was nine days before I received it. So, I was without a
      case for a two and half weeks while they did the exchange, which was
      kind of slow. In all fairness, I didn't tell them that I was in any
      particular hurry, so it's possible that they could have gotten the new
      case to me more quickly if I'd asked them to...

      Bottom line: when Targus says that they have a lifetime warranty on
      their stuff, they mean it!

      Sincerely,

      Michael Patrick Ellard