Re: DVD compatibility

  • Charles Gousha
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
      --- In BMUGSouth@y..., Mark Loundy <loundy@e...> wrote:
      > I'm having a compatibility problem with DVD-Rs that I generate from
      > my Pioneer 104. Although they play fine on Macs, they will not play
      > on Windows machines or on the (relatively new) consumer DVD player
      > that I tried. The Wintel machines won't even recognize the disks. I'm
      > authoring with DVD Studio Pro. Any suggestions?

      Two possibilities:
      1) there were some compatibility issues fixed in the most recent 10.2.2 OS
      Update. If you're using 10.2, make sure you download and install it.
      However, the problem was mainly with data CDs rather than video DVDs, so
      this is not likely to be it.
      2) You may have a batch of DVD-R discs that are slightly off. DVD-Rs can be
      tetchy at the best of times, Try a different brand or a different batch of blanks.

      There shouldn't be anything in DVD Studio Pro that would cause it, since DVD
      Video is designed to be as cross-platform as possible. But I couldn't rule it
      out.
    • Mark Loundy
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2002
        To reitierate:

        - Encoding MPEG-2 files from Final Cut Pro 3.0.2 via Quicktime 5.1.
        - Mac G-4 500 tower running OS 10.1.5.
        - Authoring with DVD Studio Pro 1.5
        - Burning to Apple media.
        --