Help with AT&T

  • Gayle Smalley
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      I have spent hours going through various support pages with no success.
      Please! Help!
      About a week ago I started getting this error window:

      Cannot send message using the server
      imailhost.worldnet.att.net
      The sender address gsmalley@...
      was rejected by the server imailhost.worldnet.att.net

      Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be delivered.

      This message comes using my Sierra cell modem; I can send the same message out through the same server (the only one I have) with a dial-up modem. This same address has worked fine since ATT changed its security settings starting last February (that took several weeks to solve).

      As far as I know, I am receiving all of my mail with no problem.

      Gayle Smalley

    • Gayle Smalley
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2009
        I think I finally found the problem, after spending hours on the ATT web pages (with false leads), more hours at the ATT store on El Camino and Kiely, etc.

        The trouble started after the last Mac Software Update at the SVMUG meeting.

        They got worse after trying a few solutions suggested by ATT.

        When I opened System Preferences, I noticed MobileMe was there. I never saw it before the last update; I have never used it.

        Finally I carefully re-entered all of the settings for Mail that I used last March.

        Magically, problems have disappeared. I hope they stay disappeared.

        The sender address gsmalley@att. net