Re: [svmug] MS Virtual PC 7

  • Jose Medeiros
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      Joy,

      I still have Connectix 1.0 ( Windows 95 ) and I also have Virtual PC
      7, however it is a academic version and can not be resold. If you
      take a class at a community college such as DVC www.dvc.edu, you will
      have access to the MSDN academic site. Which has Not for resale copies
      of Virtual PC 7 for the power PC and Windows XP, free for personal
      use. A class that is coming up this August is " Introduction to
      Virtualization" taught by Ken VonBerg, a Microsoft MCSE, MCT and a MVP
      on " Microsoft Automated Deployment Services. The clsss is two units
      and costs 40.00 and your time.

      I can assure you that this class is advanced and will cover Vmware ESX
      server and Hyper V in Windows Server 2008.

      If you prefer not to take a class, try Ebay, I see it sold all the time.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Virtual-PC-for-Mac-Version-7-w-Windows-XP-Home_W0QQitemZ250275089823QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250275089823&_trkparms=72%3A392%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

      Sincerely,

      Jose Medeiros :-)

      On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Joy Cohn <jcohn@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know where one can find a copy of Virtual PC 7? With XP
      > Professional would be nice, but standalone would be fine, too.
      >
      > Used would be preferred, as it would theoretically be cheaper.
      >
      > Is there a used Mac store down in the South bay that might have something
      > like that? Or does someone have it that doesn't use it any more?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Joy

    • Joy Cohn
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Thanks for the information.

        I think they stopped giving out the Virtual PC for the Mac - and now they
        only have Virtual PC 2004 or 2007 which are not for the Mac.

        I'll keep looking, thank you.

        Joy

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
          You are welcome. I just downloaded the ISO for Virtual PC 7 for Mac OS
          X last semester in my Exchange 2007 class.

          Previously Virtual PC 7 for MAC OS X was not offered on the MSDN
          academic alliance site. Foothill College, West valley, San Jose City
          College and Mission College may not have the same software offered to
          their students.

          Jose Medeiros :-)
          650-527-0195