Video clips for iPod

  • Dan Henderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
      Folks,

      I have a 30 GB iPod (a couple of generations old) and have, for the
      first time, tried to copy some video clips to it. The iPod rejected
      all of them based on a variety of problems, either the video file
      itself, the video encoding used, or the audio encoding. Is there a
      utility somewhere (preferably free, but I'd be willing to pay) that
      will convert a variety of video and audio formats to something the
      iPod will accept? I don't even know what in particular it's looking
      for; the error messages don't tell me. I tried the copy of iMovie that
      came with Leopard (version 3.0.3), but it won't even open all the way
      on my machine (MacBook Pro Santa Rosa, model S2514Z/A). One of these
      days I'll take it to the Genius Bar and try to figure out why.

      Thanks in advance for a clue.

      Regards,

      Dan
    • Chris Simmons
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
        The easy answer is:
        Upgrade QuickTime to Pro ($29.99)
        (with QuickTime Player you'll be able to export movies to iPod, iPhone, etc.)

        Here's the link:
        http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?
        productLearnMore=D3380Z/A

        Take Care,