USB Hub...

  • Michael Ellard
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      Greetings, all!

      A couple of meetings ago, we were discussing USB hubs, and I mentioned that
      I have a nice little USB hub that I got a Fry's which works well for me. I
      promised to look up the information on the hub and then post it to the
      group.

      There was no information on the hub itself about brand or model, so I wasn't
      able to report back about it until I went to Fry's yesterday.

      My hub is a MacSense USB hub. It cost 12.99 and has four ports. The box
      says that does not support USB devices that require more than 100mA, but it
      does provide enough power to charge my iPhone or support a thumb drive (I
      haven't tried doing both at once yet).

      Plusses of this USB hub:

      1) It's cheap
      2) It's small
      3) Its color scheme nicely matches my "Luxo" iMac (home) and Mac Mini
      (work).

      The only drawback to the hub is that it doesn't have the nice top port that
      some of the Belkin hubs do -- the top port is good for thumb drives. On the
      other hand, the Belkin hubs that I've seen that have a top port are about
      ten times larger, an ominous shade of black, and more than twice as
      expensive. If I used a thumb drive a lot, a Belkin hub might be right for
      me, but I'm happy with my little MacSense hubs. I currently have two -- one
      for my home Mac and one for my office Mac.

      Sincerely,

      Michael Patrick Ellard