Re: [BMUGSouth] Trouble with VPC SaveState under OX 10.2

  • Cortland Haws
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2002
      I have had this problem also sometimes; force quitting and relaunching
      usually restores to full capability, or if it didn't, I have undoable
      disk images.
      On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 01:25 AM, Robert Graybeal wrote:

      > Anyone else had trouble with Virtual PC 5.04 hanging up on Save State
      > when exiting? I can restart if I delete the VPC Preferences files in
      > ~/Library/Preferences/VPC...prefs
      >
      > thanks
      > Robert

      Cortland Haws
      http://homepage.mac.com/pixelcort/
      <><
    • Ron Leppke
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
        Sometime back there was a question about a good resource for buying
        media and I provided a reply about good experiences but with no name or
        URL.

        I have since had a chance to find some of my backup files after
        re-partitioning for Jaguar and here is the URL for California Media
        Solutions located in Benicia:

        <http://www.cmedias.com/>

        Ron

        Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.
        RDL Associates
        Mac OS 10.2 & OS 9.2.2
        lepprd@...
        lepprd@...
      • Mark Loundy
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
          I jst got a note from http://www.taperesources.com and they have
          DVD-Rs as low as $1.98.
          --

          Mark Loundy
          http://www.loundy.org

          http://www.mediawoorks.com
          Media Consulting and Video Production
        • Mark Loundy
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
            Just FYI, their site is totally screwed-up with dead links. I called
            them and they told me that they're "working on a new one."

            --

          • lepprd@attbi.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6, 2002
              Since I often needed some consultation prior to ordering, I mostly did business by phone with an occasional pick up in person. Given the problems of their site, here is a toll free number in any case:

              888.881.8273

              Ron Leppke
              lepprd@...

              > Just FYI, their site is totally screwed-up with dead links. I called
              > them and they told me that they're "working on a new one."
              >

              > At 5:54 -0700 9/6/02, Ron Leppke wrote:
              > >Sometime back there was a question about a good resource for buying
              > >media and I provided a reply about good experiences but with no name
              > >or URL.
              > >
              > >I have since had a chance to find some of my backup files after
              > >re-partitioning for Jaguar and here is the URL for California Media
              > >Solutions located in Benicia:
              > >
              > ><http://www.cmedias.com/>
              > >
              > >Ron
              >
              > --
              >
              > Mark Loundy
              > http://www.loundy.org
              >
              > http://www.mediawoorks.com
              > Media Consulting and Video Production
              >

              > This has been a mailing from the BMUG South discussion group.

            • Robert Graybeal
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 8, 2002
                I am considering to make the move from Eudora to OS X's Mail.app but
                I have one concern maybe someone can offer a suggestion for...

                I receive a lot of file attachments and frequently need to be able to
                search for them and use them. With Eudora this is easy since all
                attachments are kept in a separate folder. This does not seem to be
                the case with Apple's Mail app from what I can tell.

                Anyone know how these attachments are stored and if there is a way to
                find them without looking through mail every time to find them?

                thanks
                Robert
              • Ron Leppke
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 8, 2002
                  On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 05:29 AM, Robert Graybeal wrote:

                  > Anyone know how these attachments are stored and if there is a way to
                  > find them without looking through mail every time to find them?

                  In my case, I really enjoy Mail.app within OS 10 and am so delighted to
                  be rid of Eudora. I say with OS 10 because it is the system-wide spell
                  checker in Mail.app that, for me, is at least 10 times better than
                  spellchecking in Eudora.

                  I never used the attachment storing function of Eudora but used the
                  same practice that I now use in Mail.app. I place a wanted attachment
                  where I want it at the time of opening and reading. I do this to aid my
                  weakening memory since I will likely forget it in an assortment of
                  attachments. I also backup deleted messages and thus can search through
                  this file if I need an attachment and recall the subject or sender. My
                  two cents

                  Ron

                  Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.
                  RDL Associates