Re: zapping the PRAM

  • dticzon
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      To zap the PRAM:

      Hold down the: Command(the Apple key)+Option(the Alt key)+P+R" while
      it is booting.

      Dave.

      --- In svmug@yahoogroups.com, Candice Basham <candiceb@b...> wrote:
      > I remember doing that a lot on a 2ci that I kept running for years
      > with add-ons of all sorts but can't remember how it is done. Please
      > refresh my memory. I added a wi-fi card to my old, but hardly used
      > Powerbook 1400c, as well as the maximum amount of memory and upgraded
      > to 8.6 with Opera 6 as the browser, which has given me a solid
      > machine for e-mail and surfing (when I don't want to risk my
      > PowerBook G4). My older PowerBook probably could use such a zap. I
      > have to reset it frequently.
      >
      > -Candice
    • Candice Basham
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        Dave, It didn't work probably because the PowerBook 1400 has its own
        reset button in the back. Pressing it seems to do the same thing as
        zapping the PRAM does.

        -Candice
        On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:06 AM, svmug@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > ~-->
        > SIG=12hhp8u95/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/
        > S=1705005017:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123013189/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/
        > *http://www.thebeehive.org
        > ">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the
        > Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>
        > ~->
        >
        > There are 2 messages in this issue.
        >
        > Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. Re: zapping the PRAM
        > From: "dticzon" <dave@...>
        > 2. Apple's Mighty Mouse
        > From: "dticzon" <dave@...>

        > __
        > __
        >
        > Message: 1
        > Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:53:49 -0000
        > From: "dticzon" <dave@...>
        > Subject: Re: zapping the PRAM
        >
        > To zap the PRAM:
        >
        > Hold down the: Command(the Apple key)+Option(the Alt key)+P+R" while
        > it is booting.
        >
        > Dave.
        >

        > --- In svmug@yahoogroups.com, Candice Basham <candiceb@b...> wrote:
        >
        >> I remember doing that a lot on a 2ci that I kept running for years
        >> with add-ons of all sorts but can't remember how it is done. Please
        >> refresh my memory. I added a wi-fi card to my old, but hardly used
        >> Powerbook 1400c, as well as the maximum amount of memory and upgraded
        >> to 8.6 with Opera 6 as the browser, which has given me a solid
        >> machine for e-mail and surfing (when I don't want to risk my
        >> PowerBook G4). My older PowerBook probably could use such a zap. I
        >> have to reset it frequently.
        >>
        >> -Candice

        > __
        > __
        >
        > Message: 2
        > Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:39:33 -0000
        > From: "dticzon" <dave@...>
        > Subject: Apple's Mighty Mouse
        >
        > Apple released the first multi-button mouse: Mighty Mouse. $49
        >
        > See story:
        >
        > http://news.com.com/Apples+mouse+goes+Mighty/
        > 2100-1041_3-5815135.html?tag=nefd.top
        >
        > Dave.

        > __

        > --

      • runner
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
          candice,
          here's apple's article on zapping the pram for OS X,
          however, reset and pram zapping are not the same
          thing,
          it resets certain settings back to default
          for classic, it moved out code that shouldn't occupy
          those
          restricted areas such as date and time

          nonetheless, what was the original problem and is this
          on a classic?