Proposed BMUG South / A32 teamup

  • Charles Gousha
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2001
      Changes are afoot in the BMUG South organization!

      BMUG South was originally the South Bay branch of the Berkeley Mac
      User Group, the largest Mac user group in the world. When the BMUG
      organization disbanded in 1999, BMUG South continued as an informal
      gathering of Mac users. The group offers a monthly meeting with
      news, group Q&A, and vendor demonstrations.

      The Association of A32 Users was originally a user group for Apple
      Lisa enthusiasts, migrating to the Mac with its debut. The group
      offers a monthly meeting, a web site, and available Mac gurus.

      A32 has proposed a joinup with BMUG South to offer benefits to each
      other. This could be as simple as sharing our meetings, or as much
      as a full merger of the two groups.

      As you can imagine, this is no small decision. Much discussion is
      warranted before any action happens. We don't expect to reach any
      quick decisions, and your feelings are the ultimate control on which
      way this goes.

      ---------------------------------
      What you can do:

      1) Attend the next BMUG South meetings.
      The proposal was a major topic at the last BMUG South meeting, and
      will continue to be so for at least the next two meetings. We invite
      you to attend the next two meetings, and offer your input and
      feelings.

      BMUG South holds it meetings on the third Monday evening of each
      month on the Apple Campus at 10500 N. DeAnza, Cupertino. The next
      two will be Nov 19 and Dec 17 at 7pm.
      See the BMUG South web page at
      http://www.bmug.org/community/SMUG.html for a map and info.

      2) Attend the next A32 meetings.
      The A32 group has invited you to attend their next meeting or two to
      meet their members and discuss the proposal with them on their turf.

      A32 holds its meetings on the second Wednesday evening of each month
      in the Strawberry Square Clubhouse on Strawberry Lane in San Jose.
      The next meeting will be Nov 14 at 7pm.
      See the A32 web site at http://www.a32.org for a map and info.

      3) Join the online discussion!
      Right here! Welcome to the new discussion forum. More details about
      the proposal should be posted shortly. Feel free to add your
      thoughts and feelings.

      This will be a significant event for both groups, and your input is
      essential to the process. After all, these groups are here for your
      benefit and help, and we want to do what you consider right and best.

      We hope you'll help us with this.

      Charles Gousha, coordinator, BMUG South
      Robert Lawson Brown, coordinator, Association of A32 Users