SVG for Mac OS (was Re: microsoft & macromedia .. ignoring svg)

  • Leonard Rosenthol
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 17, 2000
      At 5:44 PM +0200 7/17/00, Chris Lilley wrote:
      >Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
      > > And Mac OS.
      >
      >Yes. In fact, its the only SVG implementation I am aware of for MacOS (id
      >anyone knows different, feel free to tell me all about it). Somewhgat odd
      >for such a graphics-oriented, media-focussed platform.

      Well, there is my SVG2PDF tool
      (<http://www.digapp.com/newpages/svg2pdf.html>) which is available
      for Mac OS (and Windows), and I hope to make our static SVG viewer
      (SVG2JPEG) for Mac OS and Windows public shortly along with a MUCH
      updated version of SVG2PDF.

      But otherwise, I think I'm the only person outside of Adobe
      working on Mac OS-based SVG tools.

      > > There are also two other SVG viewers that will work on any
      > > platform with a Java VM - CSIRO (<http://sis.cmis.csiro.au/svg/>) and
      > > IBM (<http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/svgview>).
      >
      >Anyone know if these wil work with the latest MRJ? IsMRJ up to Java 2 yet,
      >or is it still Java 1.x?

      As someone else pointed out, MRJ is still (and will continue
      to be) Java 1.x. However Mac OS X includes a full Java2
      implementation based on licensed sources from Sun.

      Leonard
      You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
      Leonard Rosenthol Internet: leonardr@...
      America Online: MACgician
      Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
      FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
      PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65