Re: [svg-developers] Re: How to use "set" to set the css-class of an object?

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2001
      Martin Girschick wrote:

      > Well, as it seems noone else had an idea how I could solve my problem
      > to set the css-class of an object:
      >
      > >> <set begin="click" attributeType="XML" attributeName="class" to="redfill"/>
      >
      > Chris wrote:
      > >If you are trying to make a change in the actual DOM tree, animation
      > >does not do that (for performance reasons). So for example no selectors
      > >will suddenly match this class....
      >
      > Well, that would be a reasonable explanation but it doesn't solve my problem:
      >
      > How can I easily switch the css-class of an object using declarative animation?

      As I explained, you can already use declarative animation to change the
      class attriute. it just doesn't have the effect on visual rendering that
      you think it does.

      And there is no such thing as css-class. class is just an attribute
      that, like other attributes, can be selected on. Class happens to have a
      syntactic shortcut to make writing class selectors shorter, is all.

      --
      Chris