First Drafts of SVG 1.1 and SVG Mobile; new Test Suite release

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      Greetings SVG fans,

      The W3C SVG WG is pleased to announce the first public release of the
      SVG 1.1 specification, and also of two SVG 1.1 profiles (SVG Tiny and
      SVG Basic) collectively known as Mobile SVG.

      Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Version 1.1
      W3C Working Draft 30 October 2001
      Editor: Dean Jackson, W3C/CSIRO
      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11

      Mobile SVG Profiles: SVG Tiny and SVG Basic
      W3C Working Draft 30 October 2001
      Editor: Tolga Capin (Nokia)
      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile

      This is an initial draft, we wanted to get developer feedback (to
      svg-comments@...) as early as possible. Comments on the
      modularization strategy, the additional features of SVG 1.1, the
      features included and omitted in SVG Tiny and SVG basic are particularly
      welcomed.

      In addition, we have made available the third release of the SVG 1.0
      test Suite and associated implementation report

      http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test
      http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/BE-ImpStatus-20011026.html

      This updates the previous release in terms of errata, bugfixes, and
      brings it into conformance with the SVG 1.0 Recommendation.

      --
      Chris Lilley
      Chair, W3C SVG Working Group