free WYSWYG SVG editor released.

  • Steve White
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      Virtual Mechanics is pleased to announce the release of IMS Web Dwarf
      Version 2 with fully integrated support for both HTML and SVG. IMS Web Dwarf
      is Virtual Mechanics free WYSIWYG web design editor that combines a Word
      Processor, a Vector Geometry Editor, an advanced Renderer, Special Effects
      and Web Support features for export to both HTML and SVG (Scalable Vector
      Graphics). The full press release is posted at:
      http://www.virtualmechanics.com/news/webDwarf.html

      Since Web Dwarf was first released 2 years ago it has gained significant
      popularity with people that are looking for a free feature rich WYSIWYG HTML
      editor that does not require any coding. This demographic represents a
      significant percentage of web page authors. It is our hope that by
      integrating click and publish SVG support into Web Dwarf, it will be a great
      tool to introduce the fantastic potential for SVG to this audience. For SVG
      to be successful it will need to gain significant popularity with a wide
      audience that may not be as technically savvy as the members of this list.

      Web Dwarf is freeware which means there are no fees (or spyware) associated
      with its use. We will consequently welcome any interest anyone has in
      redistributing it. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are: steve
      at VirtualMechanics.com (I guess you can figure that out). The IMS Web Dwarf
      product page is located at:
      http://www.virtualmechanics.com/products/dwarf/index.html follow the links
      to download.

      We have also posted updates for our professional editors which are still in
      beta. IMS Web Spinner is Virtual Mechanics professional Web Top Publisher
      that allows designers to quickly create rich web content in HTML and SVG.
      IMS Web Engine is the company's advanced Interactive Animation editor with
      support for motion paths, articulated motion, joints and advanced behavior.
      Follow the links from the Product page and select the Beta downloads if you
      are interested in giving them a try.

      Thanks

      Steve White
      www.VirtualMechanics.com