call js-function fwithin frameset

  • s.groteloh@iwm-kmrc.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      Hello,

      I have a svg embeded in a html [a]. the html is within a frameset [b]
      (and this frameset is part of another frameset). I want to call a js-
      function from the svg in another frame (on the same frame-level).

      The following test-functions works fine:
      alert(window.parent.location.href); //[a]
      alert(window.parent.parent.location.href); //[b]
      alert(window.parent.parent.frames.length); //4 frames

      But why not this function ("rechts" is the name of the frame)?
      alert(window.parent.parent.rechts.location.href);
      And similar to this a function call in the frame named rechts:
      window.parent.parent.rechts.fctname();

      Hmmm

      Thanks
      Sebastian