news article

  • Josh Zeidner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2000
      in case anyones interested here is the news piece im featuring on my
      radio show:

      In recent news, Microsoft announced the release of Internet Explorer
      5.5, which has caused much controversy amongst standards bodies such
      as the World Wide Web Consorium( w3c ) and the Web Standards Project(
      WaSP ). The problems lies in the fact that Microsoft has introduced
      a new feature in the browser, termed "behaviors", which when
      utilized
      by web developers, excludes the use of browsers such as Netscape and
      Opera. Multimedia company Macromedia has been the first to support
      the new IE features by offering direct integration of their flagship
      product "FLASH", offering a richer experience through
      animation and
      sound effects. This adventitious move by Macromedia may be in
      response to rising popularity of the open-source w3c spec, SVG or
      Scalable Vector Graphics, and may be seen as an effort to
      artificially secure the use of Macromedias products in the future.

      you can listen to past shows at www.netradioshow.com

      thanks everyone!

      -josh z