IE11 crasher

  • Oliver Boermans
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2014
      Hi all,

      this week I encountered a particular use of SVG that reliably crashes IE11 on Windows 7:
      http://bl.ocks.org/ollicle/8554018

      Direct url

      Seems to be any @font-face declaration in a SVG file that is used as a CSS background triggers a crash on window unload (e.g. refreshing the page).

      Before I sign up to Microsoft Connect to post a bug report is there anything else that could be going on?

      Cheers
      Ollie
    • jcdeering1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2014
        Don't care about Windows 7, does it afflict Windows 8?

        James
      • Oliver Boermans
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2014
          On 23 January 2014 12:59, <jcdeering1@...> wrote:
          Don't care about Windows 7, does it afflict Windows 8?

          No issue in Windows 8 in my testing.

          I’d love to not care about Windows 7 either, sadly:

        • Jan Tosovsky
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2014
            On 2014-01-22 Oliver Boermans wrote:

            > this week I encountered a particular use of SVG that reliably crashes
            > IE11 on Windows 7:
            > http://bl.ocks.org/ollicle/8554018
            >
            > Direct url
            > http://bl.ocks.org/ollicle/raw/8554018/
            >
            > Seems to be any @font-face declaration in a SVG file that is used as a
            > CSS background triggers a crash on window unload (e.g. refreshing the
            > page).
            >
            > Before I sign up to Microsoft Connect to post a bug report is there
            > anything else that could be going on?

            It could be related to this one:
            https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/812121/crash-access-violat
            ion-on-closing-tab-or-page-refresh