RE: The SVG Race: IE(1st) Chrome(2nd) FF(last)

  • longsonr
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 19 2:51 AM

      Canvas is a raster format though, once you've drawn onto it, all you have is pixels. If you have fuzziness perhaps it's because you're not matching the SVG object locations with pixels. Try adding 0.5 to the x and y co-ordinates of the SVG graphics.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <fhemsher@...> wrote:

      I updated to FF 24. The fuzziness I alluded to was when I imported an SVG image into Canvas. Both IE and Chrome show the  SVG without any 'fuzziness'. FF still does not render SVG as a scalable image, but seems to convert it to a rather poor quality raster image, thereby causing fuzziness.

      Francis

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      All fuzziness is fixed in Firefox 24 which was released earlier today.

      Robert.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

       Nah, FF does not replicate SVG very well in canvas(it's fuzzy)...I guess I'll have to tell my app viewers not to use FF. So, my final determination is that Firefox is NOT the browser to use for dynamic SVG applications.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It seems the only way for me to get responsive SVG mouseWhees zoom with FF, is to place it into a canvas during the zoom. My  mouseWheel zoom for IE & Charome uses D3's  behavior. zoom..

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Its sooo frustrating for me to see my SVG rendering as clunky as it is in the FF browser. In Chrome and IE it's smooth and gives the user a good experience.

      The mouseWheel is becoming the user's default  expectation to zoom into an image. Since zooming into SVG imagery is its  major feature( i.e. Scalable), a browser that does not provide this ability is not fully supporting the needs of SVG.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      IE10 won't render a lot of things (e.g., SMIL tags). I work with SVG
      constantly across browsers, and I find FF does better than the other
      browsers on the feature side of things, but FF renders slower. Chrome
      and IE10 render fast, but often have holes in the implementation. To
      their credit, they patch the holes rather quickly most of the time.
    • fhemsher
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 19 8:23 AM

        Hi Robert,

        For some reason your post does show...Yahoo Groups seems to have a few bugs these days.

        Could you please re post.

        Thanks