RE: RE: RE: Re: The SVG Race: IE(1st) Chrome(2nd) FF(last)

  • fhemsher
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 12 12:30 PM

       Nah, FF does not replicate SVG very well in canvas(it's fuzzy)...I guess I'll have to tell my app viewers not to use FF. So, my final determination is that Firefox is NOT the browser to use for dynamic SVG applications.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It seems the only way for me to get responsive SVG mouseWhees zoom with FF, is to place it into a canvas during the zoom. My  mouseWheel zoom for IE & Charome uses D3's  behavior. zoom..

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Its sooo frustrating for me to see my SVG rendering as clunky as it is in the FF browser. In Chrome and IE it's smooth and gives the user a good experience.

      The mouseWheel is becoming the user's default  expectation to zoom into an image. Since zooming into SVG imagery is its  major feature( i.e. Scalable), a browser that does not provide this ability is not fully supporting the needs of SVG.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      IE10 won't render a lot of things (e.g., SMIL tags). I work with SVG
      constantly across browsers, and I find FF does better than the other
      browsers on the feature side of things, but FF renders slower. Chrome
      and IE10 render fast, but often have holes in the implementation. To
      their credit, they patch the holes rather quickly most of the time.
    • longsonr

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 18 10:47 AM

            The bug of it neither displaying nor allowing mouse events on objects with filters it can't do is still there. I know I really should do a test file and submit a proper bug report but I've got other things to do.

            Richard Pearman       http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
            The next stage in the evolution of web comics: http://www.pixelpalaces.com/dk/
            South Alberta Cactus and succulent society: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 18 12:15 PM
              A quick fix might be to "cover" the filtered object with a transparent (e.g. fill='none' stroke='none') or a mostly transparent (e.g. opacity='0.001') one.

              I must be travelling,
              Jason

              tc+ ?23 ?mgt mt tne ?t20 t4++ ?t5 ?tp tg+ ?th ?to
              ru- ge++ 3i c++ jt- au+ ls pi+ ta+ he+
              kk++ hi+ as+ va+ dr ?ith vr ne so+ zh vi da sy

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 19 8:23 AM

                    Hi Robert,

                    For some reason your post does show...Yahoo Groups seems to have a few bugs these days.

                    Could you please re post.

                    Thanks

                    Francis