VectorShapes

  • Peter Schonefeld
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2013
      Hi All, It's been a long while since I posted here and great to see many
      familiar names still active. I've built a new SVG based website aimed at
      generating design elements for designers. http://vectorshapes.com

      I wish the browser compatibility was greater at this time, but decided to
      get the site 'out there' and work on browser issues progressively. So what
      you see now is only 100% functional in Chrome.

      Used the Dart programming language to build the site and am pretty wrapped
      with the development experience provided by Dart with SVG. For any
      interested i've also written a blog post about using dart
      here<http://zeityblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/developing-vectorshapescom-with-dart.html>
      .

      Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

      Kind Regards
      Pete

    • Francis Hemsher
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
        > I wish the browser compatibility was greater at this time, but decided to
        > get the site 'out there' and work on browser issues progressively.

        I surely agree with that approach: If the app gets some interest then spend the, mostly agonizing, time to get it cross browser. I use IE as my start-up browser.

        I looked at your app in Chrome. I believe it should provide an introduction on how to 'turn it on' and what a good experience the viewer will receive by doing so.

        As for Dart...I think I'll stick with JavaScript(This old horse doesn't care to learn new tricks.)

        Good Luck,
        Francis
      • Peter Schonefeld
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
          Hi Francis, I'm glad you agree with the approach...my feeling is that cross
          browser readiness is pretty close as the vast majority of problems are
          'issues' rather than not implemented/feature requests. If you think of
          where we were ten years ago, the progress on the SVG front is pretty
          amazing!

          Cheers
          Pete