Re: - ▶ character problem

  • ecmaszeq
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2013
      yes, i've read that article even before I came to this discussion group and it did help me to get this work on my computer (both solutions work on my computer), but it didn't help me get it to work after transfering code file to remote server.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Sayed Arian Kooshesh <kooshesh@...> wrote:

      > did you read the whole article? it had two solutions.
      >

      > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM, ecmaszeq <ecmaszeq@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > it didn't help me, i already had that encoding
      > >

      > --
      > Extreme Knowledge is not something for which he programs a computer but for
      > which his computer is programming him.
      >
      > -Wozniak

    • Jason Barnabas
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2013
        From: ecmaszeq <ecmaszeq@...>

        > yes, i've read that article even before I came to
        > this discussion group and it did help me to get this
        > work on my computer (both solutions work on my
        > computer), but it didn't help me get it to work
        > after transfering code file to remote server.

        Was the code rewritten in the transfer?

        Jason
      • ecmaszeq
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 26, 2013
          No, it stays the same.

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Jason Barnabas <jtbarnabas@...> wrote:

          > From: ecmaszeq <ecmaszeq@...>
          >

          > > yes, i've read that article even before I came to
          > > this discussion group and it did help me to get this
          > > work on my computer (both solutions work on my
          > > computer), but it didn't help me get it to work
          > > after transfering code file to remote server.
          >

          > Was the code rewritten in the transfer?
          >
          > Jason

        • firstbert
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29, 2013
            only guessing: It's not enough to choose utf8 in the save dialog; but need a programm that could save (and convert to) explicit without BOM. There are for example some MS Windows VisualStudio versions, that make problems with that. So eventually on the Non-windows- server arrives a file with BOM. Free http://notepad-plus-plus.org could do that: Encoding - convert to utf8 without BOM.
            And http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2223882/whats-different-between-utf-8-and-utf-8-without-bom

            best
            bert