Re: [svg-developers] Re: - ▶ character problem

  • Sayed Arian Kooshesh
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
      did you read the whole article? it had two solutions.

      --
      Extreme Knowledge is not something for which he programs a computer but for
      which his computer is programming him.

      -Wozniak

      - if my programming advice has helped you, feel free to donate to :
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KYUXV2PG88YQQ>

      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KYUXV2PG88YQQ>
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KYUXV2PG88YQQ>

    • ecmaszeq
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2013
        yes, i've read that article even before I came to this discussion group and it did help me to get this work on my computer (both solutions work on my computer), but it didn't help me get it to work after transfering code file to remote server.

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Sayed Arian Kooshesh <kooshesh@...> wrote:

        > did you read the whole article? it had two solutions.
        >

        > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM, ecmaszeq <ecmaszeq@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > it didn't help me, i already had that encoding
        > >

        > --
        > Extreme Knowledge is not something for which he programs a computer but for
        > which his computer is programming him.
        >
        > -Wozniak

      • Jason Barnabas
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 25, 2013
          From: ecmaszeq <ecmaszeq@...>

          > yes, i've read that article even before I came to
          > this discussion group and it did help me to get this
          > work on my computer (both solutions work on my
          > computer), but it didn't help me get it to work
          > after transfering code file to remote server.

          Was the code rewritten in the transfer?

          Jason
        • ecmaszeq
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26, 2013
            No, it stays the same.

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Jason Barnabas <jtbarnabas@...> wrote:

            > From: ecmaszeq <ecmaszeq@...>
            >

            > > yes, i've read that article even before I came to
            > > this discussion group and it did help me to get this
            > > work on my computer (both solutions work on my
            > > computer), but it didn't help me get it to work
            > > after transfering code file to remote server.
            >

            > Was the code rewritten in the transfer?
            >
            > Jason

          • firstbert
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 29, 2013
              only guessing: It's not enough to choose utf8 in the save dialog; but need a programm that could save (and convert to) explicit without BOM. There are for example some MS Windows VisualStudio versions, that make problems with that. So eventually on the Non-windows- server arrives a file with BOM. Free http://notepad-plus-plus.org could do that: Encoding - convert to utf8 without BOM.
              And http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2223882/whats-different-between-utf-8-and-utf-8-without-bom

              best
              bert