Re: improved SVG text support in Firefox Nightly

  • Robert Longson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2013
      > The problem is that the animated filters, which also reference backgrounds
      > are supposed to receive events. This worked in previous version of Firefox
      > (and all other browsers at least do this much) but stopped working in
      > version 20.

      Create a bug in bugzilla and attach a small testcase so that we can investigate. Here's a link https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Core&component=SVG

      Robert
    • Cameron McCormack
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 8, 2013
        David Dailey wrote:
        > It looks as though you’ve not yet implemented textLength=n and
        > lengthAdjust="spacingAndGlyphs"
        >
        > Those two would be high on my request list for next projects to
        > undertake. Opera, Chrome, Safari and IE have all done them and it
        > enables effects such as at
        >
        > http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/text/
        >
        > to have text resize relative to the browser window.

        I looked into how hard it would be to implement textLength="" and
        lengthAdjust="" now that the SVG text rewrite is done, and it turned out
        – at least for those attribute on <text>, but not on <tspan> and
        <textPath> – to be pretty simple.

        http://mcc.id.au/blog/2013/07/more-svg-text-news

        Let me know if you find any problems.