RE: [svg-developers] Re: External SVG file in an SVG

  • David Dailey
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23 5:12 PM
      Curious.

      Is Chromium the same thing as Chrome? I thought Webkit sort of underlay
      both Chrome and Safari.

      The example at
      http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/recent/sliderzoom.svg still
      pixelizes (pixelates?) when zoomed in Chrome (Version 26.0.1410.64 m )

      And when I try to go the the bugzilla thing, it tells me that

      Bug #229081 does not exist.

      I'm a bit confused here, but then I'm not wearing my Google Glass.

      Cheers

      David

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 24 5:11 PM
        Hi David,

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:
        > Curious.
        >
        > Is Chromium the same thing as Chrome? I thought Webkit sort of underlay
        > both Chrome and Safari.

        Chromium is the open source project on which Chrome is based. Even before Google announced Blink, the version of WebKit used in Chromium had significant differences from that used in Safari. See [1] for some specifics.

        The point is that, from a glance at the bug trackers, this is something that is fixed in WebKit as used by Safari but not Chromium.

        > And when I try to go the the bugzilla thing, it tells me that
        >
        > Bug #229081 does not exist.

        I believe that since the announcement of Blink, chromium-specific WebKit bugs are gradually being migrated to Google's bug tracker so the bug is actually at code.google.com:

        Best regards,

        Brian