onfocusin/onfocusout cross-browser compatibility

  • Marty Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      I am trying to use the onfocusin/out events. They work on IE, Webkit, and
      Opera. They do not work in Firefox and mobile browsers. Has anyone found a
      workaround for non-supporting browsers?

      If there is no workaround, is there a way I can get which element has focus
      in JavaScript? Or perhaps another useful event or event chain?

      Right now I'm just giving inferred focus to an element if it is clicked but
      there is no way to tell when the element loses focus..