Re: [svg-developers] textPath - works in IE8 with Adobe AddOn - nearly in Chrome - not in Firefox

  • Brian Birtles
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
      (Reposting, not sure if the previous attempt got through. Apologies if
      this arrives twice.)

      Hi Peter,

      On 21 March 2013 02:22, PETER <nospam@...> wrote:
      > Hope someone can offer guidance, please
      >
      > http://sst-svg.co.uk/defs.svg

      A few tips:

      * The path syntax for CircularTextTop and CircularTextBottom is incorrect:

      M345.8 249.03, a100,100 0 0,1 68.6,0

      The comma before the 'a' command is out of place and not permitted by
      the grammar for path data. (The fact that you can see anything in the
      Adobe add-on and in Chrome indicates they have bugs here.)

      * 'font-size:46' is not valid CSS. When font-size represents a CSS
      <length> it requires a unit (unless it is zero). You should use
      'font-size:46px' here and elsewhere in the file. (Again, this is a bug
      in the Adobe add-on and in Chrome.)

      Try loading the file in Opera and you will see similar results to Firefox.

      Best regards,

      Brian
    • PETER
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
        Thanks Brian

        Blindness and Senility will be a great handicap to me if I make such elementary clangers - will try harder

        Thank you
        Pete (Northolt UK)