Re: [svg-developers] SVG positioning problem

  • Jason Barnabas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
      Heiner wrote:

      > Hopefully you can help me. I am just beginning with svg.
      >
      > On http://www.netzwerk-bielefeld.de/ I am using one svg
      > for the background and another one as a logo. Especially
      > with the logo I must have done something wrong because on
      > the subpage "Mitglieder" where I already added some text
      > the logo jumps to a slightly different position compared
      > to the other sites. For I did not change anything in the
      > code I assume that it is the way I embedded the logo.
      >
      > While the background is right in the code I linked the
      > logo like this:
      >
      > <object id="logo" data="svg/logo.svg" type="image/svg+xml"
      > style="top: 35%; left: 38%; width: 21%; height:
      > 30%;"></object>
      >
      > I chose the %-specifications because I want the graphics
      > to scale with the browser window and stay in the middle...
      >
      > The logo-svg itself looks like this:

      <snipped a great logo>

      > Can you give me advice?

      Some general advice first.

      Since you seem to have a uniform background on all the pages
      you could make a background SVG image in a separate file
      with a name like "background.svg" and change the the CSS
      style sheet to something like:

      html, body {
      height: 100%;
      margin: 0;
      padding: 0;
      background-image:url('background.svg');
      }
      This would give the advantage of being able to change all
      the backgrounds from a single file (one of the beauties of
      CSS).

      You could include the logo in your background image either
      by including it as a SVG snippet or by placing the logo
      elements within the overall background image.

      Either way, if the logo or logo elements had an ID you
      could style it's opacity with CSS.

      I must be travelling,
      Jason

      tc+ ?23 ?mgt mt tne ?t20 t4++ ?t5 ?tp tg+ ?th ?to
      ru- ge++ 3i c++ jt- au+ ls pi+ ta+ he+
      kk++ hi+ as+ va+ dr ?ith vr ne so+ zh vi da sy
    • Heiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
        Thanks a lot, Jason, I'll try that!

        Heiner