Re: How to make SVG image pattern fill move with object?

  • Robert Longson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
      As I said in my answer you must use a transform and stop changing the x/y of the rect.

      Best regards

      Robert.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Yang Zhang wrote:

      > Would greatly appreciate any leads on this question that I posted to
      > SO a while ago:
      >
      > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14407240/how-to-make-svg-image-pattern-fill-move-with-object/
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Yang Zhang
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10 11:43 PM
        Anyone? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Or knowing it's
        impossible would also bring some closure. Thanks.

      • yannick.bochatay@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12 12:26 AM
          the best advice I can give is : always trust what Robert says.
          It works with the transform attribute :

          $('rect').attr('transform', "translate("+ (Math.sin(i+=.01)*100+100) + ")");

          Best regards,
          Yannick

          Anyone? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Or knowing it's
          impossible would also bring some closure. Thanks.

          On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Yang Zhang yanghatespam@... > wrote:
          > Would greatly appreciate any leads on this question that I posted to
          > SO a while ago:
          >
          > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14407240/how-to-make-svg-image-pattern-fill-move-with-object/
          >
          > Thanks.
        • samydagan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12 4:08 AM
            Hi Yang Zhang
            Try to put the two patterns in a group and then move the group.
            Cheers, samydagan