How to make SVG image pattern fill move with object?

  • Yang Zhang
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013
      Would greatly appreciate any leads on this question that I posted to
      SO a while ago:

      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14407240/how-to-make-svg-image-pattern-fill-move-with-object/

      Thanks.
    • Robert Longson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
        As I said in my answer you must use a transform and stop changing the x/y of the rect.

        Best regards

        Robert.

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Yang Zhang wrote:

        > Would greatly appreciate any leads on this question that I posted to
        > SO a while ago:
        >
        > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14407240/how-to-make-svg-image-pattern-fill-move-with-object/
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Yang Zhang
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2013
          Anyone? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Or knowing it's
          impossible would also bring some closure. Thanks.

        • yannick.bochatay@...
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
            the best advice I can give is : always trust what Robert says.
            It works with the transform attribute :

            $('rect').attr('transform', "translate("+ (Math.sin(i+=.01)*100+100) + ")");

            Best regards,
            Yannick

            Anyone? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Or knowing it's
            impossible would also bring some closure. Thanks.

            On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Yang Zhang yanghatespam@... > wrote:
            > Would greatly appreciate any leads on this question that I posted to
            > SO a while ago:
            >
            > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14407240/how-to-make-svg-image-pattern-fill-move-with-object/
            >
            > Thanks.
          • samydagan
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
              Hi Yang Zhang
              Try to put the two patterns in a group and then move the group.
              Cheers, samydagan