Firefox 18

  • Richard Pearman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2013

      I thought Firefox 17 was going to have some great improvement in SVG support. I haven't tested it but I just tested version 18 and was appalled at how bad it is. It seems to have some bug involving width, height and viewBox so a picture with height and width both set to 100% looks as if they were set to 75%. Internal svg elements often (but not always, not sure why), only have the top left corner (about 20% in both directions) displayed. This seems to be a serious problem with fundamental attributes.

      My web comic (http://www.pixelpalaces.com/dk/) uses hot zones with an animated filter for much of the interaction. These work well in ASV and Opera but in most other browsers they don't display or appear black but still receive events. In Firefox 18 they neither appear nor receive events!

      I've informed Mozila of this.

      Is there some easy fix for these things (I don't want to change loads of files a lot just to have another upgrade make it unnecessary) or should I just wait for the bugs to get fixed?

      Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
      The next stage in the evolution of web comics: http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
      Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
      South Alberta Cactus and succulent society: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
      Make money from discussing things: http://www.myLot.com?ref=Graptopetalum

    • Robert Longson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2013

        > I've informed Mozila of this.

        You did? What's the bugzilla bug number?

        Best regards

        Robert