Re: Interesting read about scriptless animation

  • Ken Stacey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2013
      Hi Joe,

      Your first example doesn't blink because there is no content in the svg.
      If you add a rect to the example, the rect blinks.

      Your second example blinks because there is content to be rendered
      (#g2_sprt).

      begin and end work the same on all animation elements.

      (I get these messages in digest form and the svg tags are _not_ filtered
      out. I notice that they are filtered in the browser view. Must be a new
      feature)

      Ken
    • Joe Doll
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2013
        Hi Ken,

        I guess you saw some of the code. I only intended to put a snippet of
        the code in to demonstrate the problem. I guess I wasn't consistent
        between the two snippets. In any event, I have never seen "Set" tags
        cycle (in this case blink) because the "Begin", "End", and "Dur"
        attributes in a "Set" tag won't do that. On the other hand, the
        "animateTransform" tag will cycle with exactly the same "Begin", "End",
        and "Dur" attributes. My comment is that the same attributes in the
        "Set" and "animateTransform" tags should be made consistent or the
        attributes should be named something different. It would be less confusing.

        The "Set" tags with the "Begin", "End", and "Dur" attributes will cycle
        if they reference an "animateTransform" tag, so I know the attributes
        are somewhat functional.

        Best Regards,
        Joe