Scalable fonts: How to create a font bitmap from its path specification.

  • Srinivas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2012
      Dear All,

      To my knowledge, a scalable font specifies the path to be traversed, to draw a font. Assume that I have the path specification for a font, how can I create the bitmap of it?

      I think, true type font specifies the paths for a font. Please correct me if I am wrong.

      Lets say, I have a font for (capital) I. Its path specification may be like a rectangle (for simplicity). What can be the algorithm to draw such a font for various size?

      Do we need to use any area-fill algorithm to draw the scalable font after we draw the path of the font scaling to the desired size?

      Sincerely,
      Srinivas Nayak
    • th_w@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2012
        What do you need a rastered version of the glyphs for? Where is SVG involved?

        Thomas W.