Re: XML:ID And Ethnicity - Multiple Attributes

  • jamesd
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2012
      Thanks Jeff! I forgot entirely about the class attribute! I haven't used CSS in that manner in a very long time. Chrome, Firefox and now Opera work (haven't checked IE) using this solution with a pure SVG file. Chrome and Firefox accept it in a HTML/SVG file, but Opera has so many problems displaying my HTML/SVG file that I don't know if it works or not.

      Seems odd that I can give an element class, even if it doesn't have any, no style definition needed, just the attribute itself.

      Don't know if this is the perfect solution, seems like a hack. Hope the writers of the specs are aware of this need. Otherwise we'll be stuck with an internet that is reliant only on separate pages for displaying content. Great for advertisers, not so for developers.

      Anyone else have a better solution?

      James

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Schiller <codedread@...> wrote:

      > Use the class attribute?
    • jamesd
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2012
        I am prone to being oblivious to the obvious, something about the forest through the trees. Slept on it, Jeff's answer is dead on. A minor file tweak and style addition makes a simple method simpler. If anyone else is interested in portal files, class attribute is the key.

        Feel dumb, but satisfied.