touch event listeners on Android - inline SVG elements

  • krugerboy1971
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5 7:12 AM
      I am writing a single html5 document with inline SVG etc.

      I dynamically assign event listeners based on Modernizr.touch results - so iOS and Android devices get touchstart/touchmove/touchend events

      Everything works fine on mobile safari - but on android devices, the touch events are failing to fire. If I assign touch listeners to an html element (a <div/> say), it responds fine, but as soon as I target svg elements (<rect/>), they are just not being recognised.

      Has anbody experienced anything similar? Is this a known issue?