animate + replicate + random

  • David Dailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
      In either Opera, Chrome or Firefox take a look at this:

      http://granite.sru.edu/~eje8449/svg-replicate/rnd-shade-show.svg

      It is an illustration, created by Eric Elder, of how to use <random> with
      offsets and <replicate> to create a texture (as applied to a clip-region).
      Afterward look at the less than a screenful of markup used to create the
      entire demo .

      It is one of the most elegant pieces of declarative code I've seen anywhere,
      and I thought you all would enjoy. His phasing in of the different effects
      is not only pretty but instructive!

      Cheers