Convert & animate photos in SVG online, then give us our feedback

  • raster2vectorjerry
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 26, 2012
      Please try the online conversion and animation tool at www.pac-n-zoom.com and communicate back with me as we desire your feedback. This is an initial release and temporarily lacks a bit of polish and instructions, but it IS there for early-adopter advantages. For about 3 more weeks the maximum input size is 490,000 pixels. We will soon add opacity, rotate, skew, and multi-frame or scene. A helpful getting started video is at www.YouTube.com/pacnzoom.

      We also are looking for technology bloggers who might want to start blogs about it. Reply privately and I'll tell you more.

      Below is a clip from a news release coming out on 6/27. The full release is available at www.pac-n-zoom.com/press-release.htm

      "Accelerated I/O has a cloud app that not only puts animation within the reach of everyone, but makes it fun and easy.

      The PnZ Cloud allows a user to take bits and pieces of several photos and combine them into a single animated scene to do whatever they want with some SVG limitations. At the present, animations can zoom and move, but the SVG standard allows many other options which Accelerated I/O is incorporating into their app.

      About Accelerated I/O
      Accelerated I/O, Inc. (AIO) markets Pac-n-Zoom (PnZ) Technology. AIO makes the technology available to end-users at www.Pac-n-Zoom.com and to application developers to incorporate in their own websites and mobile applications. AIO has open sourced the web animation and encourages application developers to build upon the code."

      We believe we have started something that will be of great benefit for SVG experts and hope to work on building new things together.

      We have our own ideas regarding gradient and will work on that after we add some of our own technology that improves the SVG quality and takes the file size down to smaller than JPEG.

      Thanks!

      Jerry Ferguson
      COO
      Accelerated I/O
    • jamesd
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2012
        This has got to be the worst of any examples I have seen for a new technology concept. Only the Busy Farmer shows any potential.

        Good luck.

        James
      • raster2vectorjerry
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 28, 2012
          Hi James,

          The examples are the earliest of the animations are all done by people who are learning how to use it, and only used the "move" attribute, which was all that was available at the time. Users can now scale (zoom in or zoom out) with the animation and we are hours away from adding "skew" and "opacity" and multiple frames. We will then add "rotation". With these things we could have the busy farmer's tractor start out smaller and turn down the road, getting larger as he speeds by.

          There's not much user help at the moment and has a few little bugs here and there, but it is an early-adopter opportunity. If there is something you want to change, you can access the code and submit your additions.

          I made two of the examples, the snake/bird and the busy farmer. The snake/bird animation was the first animation I ever made and the farmer was my second. The bird was supposed to not move until the snake got close and then hop away, but I ended up with the timing being the same. When we have opacity I plan to make that animation a little better and then have the snake get the bird,the bird disappears, and tail feathers drop down from the post where he was.

          We would love to have SVG experts give it a try and send us their animations so that we may post them, with their permission of course. Our examples are certainly a bit rough, but they were simply intended to get the idea across. We look forward to people submitting their own as we gain more SVG animation functions and improve the look and feel for the site. In about 2-3 months we will add a key component that will improve the SVG quality a lot and also make the file size to below JPEG.

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesd" <jcdeering1@...> wrote:

          > This has got to be the worst of any examples I have seen for a new technology concept. Only the Busy Farmer shows any potential.
          >
          > Good luck.
          >
          > James

        • Marty Sullivan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28, 2012
            I personally think the idea is very cool. It has quite a bit of potential,
            I see it being used almost immediately on meme sites and the like. I'd be
            interested in contributing to the project if you're looking for that sort
            of thing.

            Marty

            On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM, raster2vectorjerry <pnzjerry@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi James,
            >
            > The examples are the earliest of the animations are all done by people who
            > are learning how to use it, and only used the "move" attribute, which was
            > all that was available at the time. Users can now scale (zoom in or zoom
            > out) with the animation and we are hours away from adding "skew" and
            > "opacity" and multiple frames. We will then add "rotation". With these
            > things we could have the busy farmer's tractor start out smaller and turn
            > down the road, getting larger as he speeds by.
            >
            > There's not much user help at the moment and has a few little bugs here
            > and there, but it is an early-adopter opportunity. If there is something
            > you want to change, you can access the code and submit your additions.
            >
            > I made two of the examples, the snake/bird and the busy farmer. The
            > snake/bird animation was the first animation I ever made and the farmer was
            > my second. The bird was supposed to not move until the snake got close and
            > then hop away, but I ended up with the timing being the same. When we have
            > opacity I plan to make that animation a little better and then have the
            > snake get the bird,the bird disappears, and tail feathers drop down from
            > the post where he was.
            >
            > We would love to have SVG experts give it a try and send us their
            > animations so that we may post them, with their permission of course. Our
            > examples are certainly a bit rough, but they were simply intended to get
            > the idea across. We look forward to people submitting their own as we gain
            > more SVG animation functions and improve the look and feel for the site. In
            > about 2-3 months we will add a key component that will improve the SVG
            > quality a lot and also make the file size to below JPEG.
            >

            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesd" <jcdeering1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > This has got to be the worst of any examples I have seen for a new
            > technology concept. Only the Busy Farmer shows any potential.
            > >
            > > Good luck.
            > >
            > > James

          • Marty Sullivan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 29, 2012
              Hey, I'm trying to upload a picture but when I hit the upload->file and
              choose the file to upload it doesn't do anything. I hit the "load file"
              button but there is no reaction. The picture I am uploading has only
              200000px so it is below what you said. Any ideas?

              On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Marty Sullivan <mjs5450@...> wrote:

              > I personally think the idea is very cool. It has quite a bit of potential,
              > I see it being used almost immediately on meme sites and the like. I'd be
              > interested in contributing to the project if you're looking for that sort
              > of thing.
              >
              > Marty
              >

              > On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM, raster2vectorjerry <pnzjerry@...>wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> Hi James,
              >>
              >> The examples are the earliest of the animations are all done by people
              >> who are learning how to use it, and only used the "move" attribute, which
              >> was all that was available at the time. Users can now scale (zoom in or
              >> zoom out) with the animation and we are hours away from adding "skew" and
              >> "opacity" and multiple frames. We will then add "rotation". With these
              >> things we could have the busy farmer's tractor start out smaller and turn
              >> down the road, getting larger as he speeds by.
              >>
              >> There's not much user help at the moment and has a few little bugs here
              >> and there, but it is an early-adopter opportunity. If there is something
              >> you want to change, you can access the code and submit your additions.
              >>
              >> I made two of the examples, the snake/bird and the busy farmer. The
              >> snake/bird animation was the first animation I ever made and the farmer was
              >> my second. The bird was supposed to not move until the snake got close and
              >> then hop away, but I ended up with the timing being the same. When we have
              >> opacity I plan to make that animation a little better and then have the
              >> snake get the bird,the bird disappears, and tail feathers drop down from
              >> the post where he was.
              >>
              >> We would love to have SVG experts give it a try and send us their
              >> animations so that we may post them, with their permission of course. Our
              >> examples are certainly a bit rough, but they were simply intended to get
              >> the idea across. We look forward to people submitting their own as we gain
              >> more SVG animation functions and improve the look and feel for the site. In
              >> about 2-3 months we will add a key component that will improve the SVG
              >> quality a lot and also make the file size to below JPEG.
              >>

              >> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesd" <jcdeering1@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > This has got to be the worst of any examples I have seen for a new
              >> technology concept. Only the Busy Farmer shows any potential.
              >> >
              >> > Good luck.
              >> >
              >> > James

            • Marty Sullivan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 29, 2012
                Well... I got the file to upload. But when I go to convert the image to svg
                it just sits there and never changes. Well, after a while it changed but it
                just went blank again and i had to reupload (assuming it errored out
                serverside but i dunno really cause there's to feedback). As of now the
                interface is just plain unusable... it gives no feedback to input and some
                of the text popups get overlaid. not to mention the navigation is just
                really unintuitive overall.

                Marty

              • raster2vectorjerry
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 29, 2012
                  Hi Marty,

                  Yes we would be interested in your contributing. I see you had some issues with the site. I'll respond to them seperately.

                  Thank you for your comments ant taking the time to give it a spin!

                  Best Regards,
                  Jerry

                  --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Marty Sullivan <dark3251@...> wrote:

                  > I personally think the idea is very cool. It has quite a bit of potential,
                  > I see it being used almost immediately on meme sites and the like. I'd be
                  > interested in contributing to the project if you're looking for that sort
                  > of thing.
                  >
                  > Marty
                  >
                  > On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM, raster2vectorjerry <pnzjerry@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Hi James,
                  > >
                  > > The examples are the earliest of the animations are all done by people who
                  > > are learning how to use it, and only used the "move" attribute, which was
                  > > all that was available at the time. Users can now scale (zoom in or zoom
                  > > out) with the animation and we are hours away from adding "skew" and
                  > > "opacity" and multiple frames. We will then add "rotation". With these
                  > > things we could have the busy farmer's tractor start out smaller and turn
                  > > down the road, getting larger as he speeds by.
                  > >
                  > > There's not much user help at the moment and has a few little bugs here
                  > > and there, but it is an early-adopter opportunity. If there is something
                  > > you want to change, you can access the code and submit your additions.
                  > >
                  > > I made two of the examples, the snake/bird and the busy farmer. The
                  > > snake/bird animation was the first animation I ever made and the farmer was
                  > > my second. The bird was supposed to not move until the snake got close and
                  > > then hop away, but I ended up with the timing being the same. When we have
                  > > opacity I plan to make that animation a little better and then have the
                  > > snake get the bird,the bird disappears, and tail feathers drop down from
                  > > the post where he was.
                  > >
                  > > We would love to have SVG experts give it a try and send us their
                  > > animations so that we may post them, with their permission of course. Our
                  > > examples are certainly a bit rough, but they were simply intended to get
                  > > the idea across. We look forward to people submitting their own as we gain
                  > > more SVG animation functions and improve the look and feel for the site. In
                  > > about 2-3 months we will add a key component that will improve the SVG
                  > > quality a lot and also make the file size to below JPEG.
                  > >

                  > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesd" <jcdeering1@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > This has got to be the worst of any examples I have seen for a new
                  > > technology concept. Only the Busy Farmer shows any potential.
                  > > >
                  > > > Good luck.
                  > > >
                  > > > James

                • raster2vectorjerry
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 29, 2012
                    Hi Marty,

                    You are welcome to reply to my Email address at Jerry.F@... and we can go over it, or I can give you a call.

                    What browser are you using? It is only compatible with Firefox at this very moment.

                  • joe.doll@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 29, 2012
                      When you click "Convert" a message comes on the the screen that says the convert will take 20 to 60 seconds. Then the screen goes white and a message says that the load will take 10 to 20 seconds. If your file was less than 490,000 pixels, you must have had a bad route among the servers (we're still fixing issues like that). If you try it again and get the same result, please send me the E-mail ID that you used, the file name of the file you were trying to convert, and the time of the attempt. I'll look into and get back to you.

                      Joe

                    • Andrew Matseevsky
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 30, 2012
                        Well, well. I've just visited your site. You haven't got rid of all defects of so-called "raster-to-vector conversion". Look at the right side of nose or at the label at man's hat. Convert each pixel to the vector object is the worst idea of what ever could be. I told you once- without proper gradient fills there is no raster to vector conversion of photorealistic rasters. Vectorization without simplification is BS. I sent to you one sample. And what? My vector was 20 times smaller than yours. Have you ever made some progress since that time? I see none. I can tell only that you are walking in a dead end.

                        Messages in this topic (8)
                        Recent Activity: * New Members 5
                        Visit Your Group
                        visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"