Re: Help? What sites & blogs allow upload and viewing of animated SVG photos?

  • raster2vectorjerry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi Marty,

      Thank you for the reply! Our animations are using SMIL. We will have app developers put the animations in iFrames but would prefer to not have to go that route from day 1.

      PS. We don't have our online service on multiple servers yet, but you are welcome to take us for a spin and animate a photo online. Please go to www.Pac-n-Zoom.com and click the "Cloud" link. It's free for now so don't use the shopping cart. www.Pac-n-Zoom.com also has links to a few simple animated SVG example. We expect to add more SVG animation functions late this week.

      Thank you again for your help!

      Jerry

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Marty Sullivan <dark3251@...> wrote:

      > Don't know how helpful this would be, but one of the few major sites that
      > allows SVG uploads is Wikipedia/Wikimedia Commons. I don't think they can
      > contain JavaScript but I've never tested it. SMIL animations and similar
      > are allowed,
      >
      > On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM, raster2vectorjerry <pnzjerry@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I want to start displaying animated SVG photos that are created using our
      > > new online animated SVG tool; however, it's rather hard to find sites that
      > > already permit them for upload.
      > >
      > > I figure that a collaboration of SVG developers would be the perfect
      > > answer, and maybe it might help a few other people as well.
      > >
      > > Also I intend to contact various platforms to encourage them to accept SVG
      > > as an upload and download format. Anybody have any experiences on that?
      > > I'll also make a separate post on that one later.
      > >
      > > Thank you for your help!!!

    • Andrew Matseevsky
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 12, 2012
        ________________________________

        Hi Marty,

        Thank you for the reply! Our animations are using SMIL. We will have app developers put the animations in iFrames but would prefer to not have to go that route from day 1.

        PS. We don't have our online service on multiple servers yet, but you are welcome to take us for a spin and animate a photo online. Please go to www.Pac-n-Zoom.com and click the "Cloud" link. It's free for now so don't use the shopping cart. www.Pac-n-Zoom.com also has links to a few simple animated SVG example. We expect to add more SVG animation functions late this week.

        Thank you again for your help!

        Jerry

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Marty Sullivan <dark3251@...> wrote:

        > Don't know how helpful this would be, but one of the few major sites that
        > allows SVG uploads is Wikipedia/Wikimedia Commons. I don't think they can
        > contain JavaScript but I've never tested it. SMIL animations and similar
        > are allowed,
        >
        > On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM, raster2vectorjerry <pnzjerry@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I want to start displaying animated SVG photos that are created using our
        > > new online animated SVG tool; however, it's rather hard to find sites that
        > > already permit them for upload.
        > >
        > > I figure that a collaboration of SVG developers would be the perfect
        > > answer, and maybe it might help a few other people as well.
        > >
        > > Also I intend to contact various platforms to encourage them to accept SVG
        > > as an upload and download format. Anybody have any experiences on that?
        > > I'll also make a separate post on that one later.
        > >
        > > Thank you for your help!!!

        Once I tried to upload an animated png to FaceBook, but this site converted it to jpg. One the other hand, it is not a good idea to make animation from 24bpp images- resulting apng will be too large.