RE: [svg-developers] Filter transformations

  • honyk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi Jason,

      >> http://bilyujezd.cz/other/fePointLight.svg (works in Firefox only)
      >> Is there a more efficient way?

      > I don't use Opera, but this one works in Chrome.
      > ... radialGradient ....

      RadialGradient is indeed much better approach in this case, thanks for the
      tip. It is much more compatible than my filter.

      Anyway, has anybody an idea how my filter should look like? I've noticed it
      is rendered with that grey background even in Inkscape and Opera. In 100%
      zoom it has different appearance in every browser (Chrome/FF/Opera). It
      behaves strangely when zoomed in/out (except Opera). What is the gauge? The
      only reference I found is this test, but it doesn't show exactly what I
      need:
      http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20110816/harness/htmlObjectApproved/filt
      ers-light-01-f.html

      Regards,
      Jan
    • Jason Barnabas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2012
        honyk <j.tosovsky@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jason,
        >
        > >> http://bilyujezd.cz/other/fePointLight.svg (works in Firefox only)
        > >> Is there a more efficient way?
        >
        > > I don't use Opera, but this one works in Chrome.
        > > ... radialGradient ....
        >
        > RadialGradient is indeed much better approach in this case,
        > thanks for the tip. It is much more compatible than my
        > filter.
        >
        > Anyway, has anybody an idea how my filter should look like?
        > I've noticed it is rendered with that grey background even
        > in Inkscape and Opera. In 100% zoom it has different
        > appearance in every browser (Chrome/FF/Opera). It behaves
        > strangely when zoomed in/out (except Opera). What is the
        > gauge? The only reference I found is this test, but it
        > doesn't show exactly what I need:
        <http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20110816/harness/htmlObjectApproved/filters-light-01-f.html>

        I got a 404 on that. If a link is enclosed like a tag <tag>
        the mail handling software usually recognizes it as a link
        and won't break it.

        I can't find your original image. If you want to repost the
        link for it I'll look at it again in FireFox, assuming
        that's what you want it to look like. In the mean time you
        might try to Google "3d lighting effects SVG"

        I must be travelling,
        Jason

        tc+ ?23 ?mgt mt tne ?t20 t4++ ?t5 ?tp tg+ ?th ?to
        ru- ge++ 3i c++ jt- au+ ls pi+ ta+ he+
        kk++ hi+ as+ va+ dr ?ith vr ne so+ zh vi da sy