getting xor filters to work

  • David Dailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
      In the mid 1980's I played a bit with MacPascal and wrote a simple thing
      that overlaid XOR bitblt's of circles at random locations to create some
      interesting (and rather paradoxical) visual effects.

      Consider the file at http://theory.cs.uvic.ca/~cos/venn/gifs/anim-nc.gif as
      discussed in http://theory.cs.uvic.ca/~cos/venn/VennWhatEJC.html . (It is a
      symmetric alternative to Venn's original proof of the constructability of
      Venn diagrams on N sets).

      Can anyone think of a way to do this with successive overlays of filtered
      SVG paths? It seems like feComposite with operator = xor ought to do the
      trick, but I haven't been able to get any browsers to do what I expect they
      should.

      Cheers