having trouble using Batik to rasterize a file coming from Corel Draw

  • lhurd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012
      I am running the latest version of Batik and when I run the command line:

      java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar mytest.svg -m image/jpeg -q .99 -maxw 512 -maxh 512

      About to transcode 1 SVG file(s)

      Converting mytest.svg to mytest.jpg ... org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderEx
      ception: null
      Enclosed Exception:
      The current document is unable to create an element of the requested type (names
      pace: http://www.w3.org/2000/svg, name: odm).
      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstra
      ctTranscoder.java:134)
      at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(SVGAbstra
      ctTranscoder.java:156)
      at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter.transcode(SVGConverter.
      java:1001)
      at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter.execute(SVGConverter.ja
      va:717)
      at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Main.java:938)
      at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Main.java:992)
      ... error (SVGConverter.error.while.rasterizing.file)

      The file does render in IE and when I read the header I see that it appears to reference the SVG 1.1 standard (in poking around I read comments about the use of 1.2 features not being supported in Batik).

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
      <!-- Creator: CorelDRAW X5 -->

      I am using a binary distribution and I read some discussion but that not natively supporting extensions. Is this something I need to consider? I moved the file batik-rasterizer-ext.jar to the current directory to ensure it was in the classpath but that had no effect.

      Thanks for any guidance.

      Cheers,

      Lyman