Diagrams for additive and subtractive color

  • David Dailey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2012
      See http://cs.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/V1.svg

      This represents two Venn diagrams illustrating the additive and subtractive
      color models. (using 3 circles rather than the seven paths used at
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SubtractiveColor.svg )

      Because of the way feImage is used with feBlend, only Opera seems to display
      these in a way consistent with my expectations.

      The filtering I've used ended up being a bit more complex than I would have
      hoped, so I have a question (Q) and a statement (S):

      --------------

      Q. Can anyone think of a simpler way to do this than they way I've done it?
      It works and I think this is how it should be, though I have a pair of
      filters defined for each Venn diagram while it seems like one should
      suffice.( I consider the solution at Wikipedia to be simply wrong for any of
      a zillion reasons that I realize do not appeal to some people, but most of
      those reasons have to do with "accessibility" broadly defined.)

      S. My experiments with feComposite to try to accomplish the same thing were
      remarkably unsuccessful, with the exception being the additive color model
      shown here:

      http://cs.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/V2.svg

      The inconsistency of Opera, ASV, and the spec (as noted somewhat at
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2011Nov/0096.html )

      I will hope to make some of those experiments visible to the SVG WG sometime
      soon.

      Cheers