onbegin and onend events not working on Chrome 13-17

  • jujuvivi
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2012
      onbegin and onend events work great with IE9 and Firefox, but with Chrome 17, they are not fired.
      It has already been noted on this forum:

      Code to reproduce:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
      <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
      "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">

      <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
      <title>onbegin and onend not working on Chrome 13-17</title>
      <circle r="50" cx="100" cy="100" style="fill: #F00">
      <set attributeName="fill" attributeType="CSS" onbegin='alert("onbegin")' onend='alert("onend")' to="#00F" begin="1s" dur="5s" />
      </circle>
      </svg>

      Thx,
      Vincent
    • Brian Birtles
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2012
        Hi Vincent,

        (2012/03/03 4:51), jujuvivi wrote:
        > onbegin and onend events work great with IE9 and Firefox, but with
        > Chrome 17, they are not fired.

        Yes, this appears to be unsupported in current WebKit browsers. Opera
        and Firefox support it. IE does not support SVG Animation so it will not
        work there either. Perhaps you have an SVG plugin installed in IE and
        hence it appears to work there?

        Best regards,

        Brian
      • Jaydeep Tank
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012
          Hi All,

          I am changing mouse pointer (move and crosshair) for SVG at run time using
          JavaScript. It works fine in Chrome and Firefox, but not working in IE9.
          Mouse pointer does not change in IE9.

          Any solution for this?

          Thanks & regards,
          Jaydeep Tank

        • Daniel Bergqvist
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012

            I don't know. But I have noticed in Delphi that you need to move the
            mouse cursor in order to change the mouse cursor. I don't know if it is
            the same in IE, probably not, but it's easy to test. Just move the mouse
            0 pixels directly after the change of the mouse cursor and see if that
            helps.

            Regards,
            Daniel

            Jaydeep Tank skrev 2012-03-13 18:42:
            > Hi All,
            >
            > I am changing mouse pointer (move and crosshair) for SVG at run time using
            > JavaScript. It works fine in Chrome and Firefox, but not working in IE9.
            > Mouse pointer does not change in IE9.
            >
            > Any solution for this?
            >
            > Thanks& regards,
            > Jaydeep Tank

            > No virus found in this message.
          • Holger Jeromin
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 15, 2012
              Jaydeep Tank schrieb am 13.03.2012 18:42:

              > I am changing mouse pointer (move and crosshair) for SVG at run time using
              > JavaScript. It works fine in Chrome and Firefox, but not working in IE9.
              > Mouse pointer does not change in IE9.
              >
              > Any solution for this?
              >
              > Thanks& regards,

              Try not to use the svg mouse pointers, but the css one...

              node.style.cursor = "crosshair";

              or show us our code.

              --
              greetings
              Holger Jeromin
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 28, 2012
                Yes, I have the Adobe SVG plugin for IE.

                Does anyone know when it will be fixed in Chrome?
                Still not good in Version 20.0.1132.43

                Thx,
                Vincent

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Brian Birtles <birtles@...> wrote:

                > Hi Vincent,
                >
                > (2012/03/03 4:51), jujuvivi wrote:
                > > onbegin and onend events work great with IE9 and Firefox, but with
                > > Chrome 17, they are not fired.
                >
                > Yes, this appears to be unsupported in current WebKit browsers. Opera
                > and Firefox support it. IE does not support SVG Animation so it will not
                > work there either. Perhaps you have an SVG plugin installed in IE and
                > hence it appears to work there?
                >
                > Best regards,
                >
                > Brian

              • Arjen